Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
MS908P

1062 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-06 08:04:20

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H
    2020-08-05 22:54:54
    Hi Guys, I have a 908P that's about 3 and1/2 years old. I have a current subscription. Lately it seems like the tool is slow to repond. A programable module installation failed on a Ford with the 908P then I tried the IM608 and it worked fine.
    The other problem is that all the functions that are in the system tray are non responsive. I can't open the web browser or camera or anything else in the system tray.
    Would a factory reset do any good or should I send the tool in for repair?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-08-06 03:23:07 (Reply to:Kevin H)

If tool was initially purchased from an authorized dealer in your geographic area , then call Autel Support of your geographic area with the serial number and talk to tech support. Maybe they can give instruction and or remote in via Quick Support (Team Viewer ) and tell you what to do before you take it upon yourself to try a factory reset. My advice would be to sell it after the problem is resolved while it still has several months of updates remaining ,so he can reset it ,get registration and email  transferred to the new owners name, re download fresh software  and  get any issues resolved while they can be , and not feel any guilt you sold someone a lemon should it bricks the next day.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-08-06 08:04:20 (Reply to:Kevin H)

A factory reset (while still within update period likely be the fix, however you got to wonder how well the battery is doing after 3and a half years? Also downloading all the software one app at a time takes quite awhile and device gets pretty warm . I actually wrapped a plush cotton towel around a large plastic block of blue ice from my freezer to keep tablet cooler downloading and reinstalling 30 gb of updates. I would be curious of what a thermal image of tablet would look like after being fully charged , and wonder if the soft battery inside it as it has aged as it might have swelled somewhat in size and is creating pressure points that could  affect the board or touch screen? Don't open it or you void the Total Care of the update subscription.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjkQB0otK58

I installed a Device Info HW app on my Maxi Sys Elite using Quick support App and Team Viewer of my PC . It tells me that my battery health is good and temperature of battery. The removable  battery outside is labeled as 15400mah, but Power profile the app shows is only 6750mah, so I don't know if I believe the Russian that made the Android Device Info HW or the Chinaman that made the battery, so I guess I'll add the 2 together and just divide the sum by two . LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqpNPqIXbsQ&t=553s
  Total1 Pages